1. The best gift I ever received was...some fresh truffles, dug that day.
2. The top gift on my wish list is…a house in Tuscany!
3. The best gift I have ever given was...a dinner party I catered for a friend's surprise 50th for 50 of her friends.
4. The hardest person I have ever had to buy a gift for is...my darling husband. He has me, what more does he need?
5. The best last-minute gift is...a bottle of something special, be it wine, sauce or oil.
6. My hot gift buying tip is...buy gifts as you see things throughout the year, don't wait until a week before the person's birthday. Failing that - get them a gift voucher to one of my cooking classes - young old, men, women, kids - they all love cooking in my classes.
Learning to cook is an invaluable, life-long skill
Check out Pauline's cooking classes at Queen Vic Markets, Melbourne