We’re feeling inspired by Kay’s comments in our latest Top Gift Tips post and have been trying to think of the best homemade gifts for friends and family, especially over the Christmas season. We’ve decided you can’t go past homemade baked goods. Here’s a classic choc-chip cookie recipe that’s a winner. The best thing about this recipe? It's SOOOO quick and easy, plus the ingredients are simple – nothing fancy or expensive required. Enjoy!
¾ cup sugar (you can actually use less, 1/3 cup still tastes good and is a healthier option)
2 cups self-raising flour
What to do:
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add eggs and to butter/sugar mixture and combine well
3. Sift flour into mixture and combine
4. Add choc chips (as many or as little as you like)
5. Roll into balls (about the size of a walnut) and place on a greased oven tray or baking paper
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 10-15 mins (until light golden colour)
7. Serve with hot chocolate or milky coffee
TIP: This biscuit recipe is really versatile and can be used for the classic Aussie Jam Drop (just make a hole in the centre of each ball and fill with a dollop of jam). Or add sultanas, dried fruit or nuts for another variation on this tasty biscuit recipe.
If you enjoy baking, check out our easy cheesecake recipe and if you love cooking, check out some of Mr Gift's great cooking and kitchen gift ideas...
Do you have a favourite recipe to share? Email your favourite recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to share with our blog readers and receive a $20 Mr Gift Voucher.