Maz from Sadhana Kitchen is a genius! Healthy truffles that taste awesome - love it!Appliances you will need:
- Food Processor
Ingredients (makes 15-25 truffles, depending on how big you roll them):
- 1 cup almonds (www.veggiewave.com/soaking_chart)
- 1 cup cashews (www.veggiewave.com/soaking_chart)
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut plus extra for rolling
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup brown rice syrup (depending on how sweet you want them)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
After preparing all of the above:
1. Place all ingredients except for the last three in a food processor and mix until the consistency of almond meal (very fine crumbs).
2. Slowly add coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla and good vibes until a sticky dough forms.
3. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and shape into balls by rolling between the palm of your hands.
4. Finish by rolling in shredded coconut and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
TIP: Check out VeggieWave’s Soaking Chart with lots of hints and tips on soaking your seeds and nuts to get the most out of them nutritionally and making them easier to digest.
About Maz and Sadhana Kitchen
SadhanaKitchen was founded in 2012 by Maz Pugoy in order to make organic and raw food easily accessible to the people of Sydney and to spread the benefits of livings foods through delicious meals, desserts and beverages. Maz left a successful corporate career to open Sydney’s first Living Foods café and promote optimum health, vitality and wellbeing through nourishing and tasty food. Check out Sadhana Kitchen online: www.sadhanakitchen.com
Whilst cooking is fun, it can be a messy job. Keep your clothes looking their best (especially if you're entertaining) with this handy Crumbz Apron. They're beautifully made and this one's even red for Valentine's Day!
Crumbz Chef Apron in red check