Honey and Ricotta Pancakes, with blueberries and Honey Lemon Butter Sauce - delicious!
- 375g low-fat smooth ricotta
- 2 tablespoons of Capilano honey
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Grilled bacon, to serve
- Honey Lemon Butter Sauce, to serve
1. Place ricotta, Capilano honey, milk and egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Sift together flour, baking powder and a pinch salt. Stir through the cheese mixture until smooth. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks, using an electric mixer. Lightly fold through batter.
2. Preheat oven to 100°C. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over moderate heat. Lightly spray with oil. Drop 2 tablespoons of batter at a time in pan. Cook for 1 minute. Dot with a few berries. Flip over. Cook until cooked through and golden.
3. Stack hotcakes as they cook on a tray in warmed oven. Serve with bacon and Honey Lemon Butter sauce.
Honey and Lemon Butter Sauce is a beautiful accompaniment with these pancakes, as well as other desserts
Honey Lemon Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup Capilano honey
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
1. Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
2. Stir over moderate heat until butter melts.
3. Simmer for 1 minute and serve warm.
- To save time at breakfast, make batter the night before. Store covered in the fridge.
- I use honey as a sweetener on so many things. Instead of using brown sugar on your porridge this winter, for a healthier option, try a dollop of honey – it works perfectly with creamy porridge.
- The Honey Lemon Butter Sauce also works brilliantly with desserts such as bread-&-butter custard and gingerbread.
About Capilano: In 2013, Capilano Honey celebrates their 60th Anniversary with a product which still remains as 100% Australian owned and grown as it was 60 years ago. Capilano honey showcases some of the amazing native floral varieties sourced from their network of approximately 500 Australian beekeepers, promoting a real ‘Hive to Home’ experience.