- 400 grams of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup wheatgerm (optional)
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup Barker's Crushed NZ Apricot Blush Fruit Syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter 1/4 cup trim milk/water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 200 grams sultanas
1. Mix the rolled oats, coconut, sunflower seeds and wheatgerm in a large bowl.
2. Whisk Barker's Apricot Blush, peanut butter, milk/water, brown sugar and vanilla essence together
3. Mix through the rolled oats.
4. Spread the mixture onto a large baking dish and bake at 170 degrees C for 20-30 minutes.
5. Stir from time to time and check to ensure the mixture doen't burn.
6. Leave the mixture to cool
7. Add the sultanas.
8. Place in a lidded jar and store in the pantry.
Tips and tricks:
- Muesli can burn pretty easily, so keep a close eye on it - especially toward the end of cooking. It should be slightly golden when it's done.
- The longer you bake it the crisper it will be.
- Serve with milk, yoghurt and/or fresh fruit. I also enjoy it with warm milk in winter:)
- Chopped apricots and/or chocolate chips could also be added.
This recipe is from our friends at Barkers of Geraldine, New Zealand. See more at: www.barkers.co.nz