Preparation time: 10 minutes, cooking time: 10 minutes
- 8 eggs, almost hard boiled and peeled
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sugar and pepper to taste
- 16 bamboo skewers
4 Egg Kebabs with Fresh Tomato Dressing are a good source of folate and vitamin A and a source of fibre and iron
1. Place tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar and oil into a food processor and blend until smooth, season with sugar and pepper.
2. Cut the eggs in half longways and pierce a skewer through each of the halves.
3. Place into a bowl and serve with the tomato dressing on the side for dipping.
1. Raw baby carrots, celery sticks and/or other vegetables for a healthy snack or a great addition to any barbeque.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the team at the Australian Egg Industry. www.eggs.org.au is their consumer site – check it out for more info on eggs, recipes, nutrition or frequently asked questions.