Image from Herbies Spices
- 2 mangoes
- 6 Herbie’s Spices Cardamom Pods Green Whole
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Peel the mangoes, slice off the two “cheeks" from each one and set aside.
2. Remove seeds from the cardamom pods and pound lightly to break up (it does not have to be a fine powder). To save time grinding cardamom pods, you can use Herbie's Spices Cardamom Seed Green Ground.
3. In a frying pan, melt the sugar and butter, stirring frequently, then stir in the cardamom seeds.
4. Make a single layer of the fruit, spooning the sauce over the top, and cook until just warmed through.
5. Lift out of the pan into dishes, and serve immediately with whipped cream or ice cream.
If mangoes are not in season, frozen mango slices can be used, or use fresh bananas instead.
About Herbies: Herbie's Spices fills a need in the community of cooks and food lovers for one central place to access all those hard-to-find herbs and spices. Check out Herbies' website: www.herbies.com.au
What are your favourite spices to cook with?