- 6 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup / stevia
- 1/4 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup (75 g / 2 1/2 oz) shredded or desiccated coconut for rolling
- Punnet of raspberries (optional)
- 100 g dark eating chocolate 70 – 85 % cocoa – finally chopped
- 60 ml coconut water or coconut milk
1. Preheat your oven to 160 C / 320 F.
2. Whip the eggs, vanilla and honey for 10 minutes until light and
3. Pour in the macadamia nut oil with the eggs still whipping and mix
4. Add the coconut flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
5. Pour lamington cake mix into a square 22cm baking tin lined
completely with baking paper.
6. Sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
7. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until cooked through.
8. Cool for 30 minutes before lifting out from the tin to completely cool.
9. Divide cake into 25 mini squares.
Make your chocolate coating:
1. Heat the coconut water or coconut milk in a small pan until almost
boiling. Turn off the heat.
2. Add the chocolate and stir it through the coconut until you have a
smooth silky ganache.
3. Spread each square of lamington with a little chocolate ganache very
lightly and thinly with a small knife on all sides.
4. Roll in coconut and place onto a tray lined with baking paper to set.
(per single serve)
Carbs: 3.8 grams
Protein 2.8 grams
Fat: 8.2 grams
Claire Ratapu is the Nutrition and Exercise Expert for Vision Personal Training Franchises Head Office. Learn more about Vision Virtual Training here...