- 60g butter
- 2 lemons - juiced and zest grated
- 1 caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 35g self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Icecream or cream to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius and butter 6 small or 4 large ramekins
2. Cream butter, sugar and lemon zest. Add egg yokes and vanilla extract
3. Mix flour and milk into creamed mixture until batter is smooth
4. Stir lemon juice into batter
5. Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks
6. Fold egg whites into the batter (the egg whites are the secret to keeping the Lemon Delicious light and fluffy). Pour mixture into ramekins.
7. Pop ramekins in a baking tray and fill with water (halfway up the sides of the ramekins).
8. Bake for 25 mins.
Image from www.urbanspoon.com
Chef's Tip: I like to bake my Lemon Delicious in ceramic ramekins (like the ones in the pic above), but I usually invert them onto a plate or bowl and let the yummy lemon custard run down the sides of the fluffy sponge underneath. Serve with icecream or cream.