1. Plan ahead
A checklist divided into indoor and outdoor areas will be beneficial to anyone spring cleaning around the house.
Consider segregating your chores based on different areas around the home and divide your time over a few weekends if necessary. This allows you to methodically tick off tasks as you complete them and breaks down the cleaning process into small tasks to make a big job easy. Sanity restored.
Mr Gift Tip: Set a fun deadline, such as hosting a spring BBQ or dinner party with friends and family. This will help keep you focused so you have something fun to look forward to as a reward for all of your hard work.
2. Top jobs
If you don’t know where to start, here are some key tasks to focus on:
• Use a pressure washer to clean your driveway of grime and mould.
• Remove dead leaves and debris from gutters and the roof.
• Apply a fresh coat of varnish and add new life to your veranda.
• Inspect your home and outdoor entertaining areas for mould – use a pressure washer on any that you come across.
• De-clutter the garage or shed.
• In the garden, remove dead branches from trees and shrubs and any other build-up of debris to encourage new growth. This is also important in the lead up to bushfire season.
Cleaning the deck: pressure cleaning is a fast and satisfying way to clean surfaces
Image from www.kennards.com.au
3. Essential equipment
The right tools can make spring cleaning a breeze, so invest in quality gear to save yourself time and effort. If you don’t have all the necessary tools, your local Kennards Hire branch has a huge range of equipment for DIYers to make your job easy. This is also a great way to save money on gear you may only need once a year.
Mr Gift Tip: If you don't know how to do a particular job, seek advice. There are so many How-To videos available on the internet these days, or ask around friends and family. Chances are someone has experience in doing the job you want to get done and can offer advice.
Image from www.murdoch-university-futurestudents.blogspot.com.au
These tips were kindly shared with us by Kennards Hire, a family hire and leasing company with locations around the country. Throughout September and October, your spring cleaning work can help Australian kids who need it most thanks to the Kennards for Kids Initiative. Throughout this time, Kennards Hire is donating $2 from every hire to children’s charities across the country. All the more reason to get busy tackling all your spring cleaning jobs. For more information visit www.kennards.com.au