Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 - 4 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
- 2 cups Pecan Halves
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Replace the lollies on your Christmas table with this healthier (and equally tasty) option
1. In a mixing bowl combine pecans with coconut oil and maple syrup. Toss to coat well.
2. Add vanilla and cinnamon and toss to coat well.
3. Heat frying pan over low-medium heat. Add pecans and agitate pan regularly. Toast for 3 - 4 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and lightly toasted.
4. Allow to completely cool. Store in an air-tight container.
For the hardcore sugar free fan: Reduce quantity or omit maple syrup.
- Look for interesting jars and tins to package these nuts in as Christmas presents, or as a little gift throughout the year.
- Experiment with different types of nuts
This recipe was kindly shared with us by Casey-Lee Lyons. Casey is a Queensland based Nutritionist and Naturopath and director of Live Love Nourish, an online health and wellness business. With over 10 years experience in the health, fitness and wellness industries, Casey-Lee specialises in nutritionally designed recipes, food sensitivities and programs that promote wellbeing. Learn more about what Casey does here: www.livelovenourish.com.au