- 1/2 cup any nut butter, except peanut butter as the flavour will over-ride (and if its salted then don't add the extra salt below)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp sea salt flakes
- 4 cups popped corn kernels (made from popping about ¼ cup corn kernels)
Chewy salted "caramel" popcorn bites: a delicious Christmas treat
1. Line a small tin with baking paper.
2. Place nut butter, rice malt syrup, honey, vanilla extract and sea salt (if using) in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook on a gentle heat until the mixture bubbles and starts to turn golden. About 7-9 mins.
3. Remove pan from heat and add popcorn. Mix well until popcorn is covered with the sauce.
4. Transfer the mixture into your pan and press down into the corners with a spoon. Set aside to cool.
5. When set, cut into small squares and store in an airtight container.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by Dianne Ward. Dianne is a mother of two young children, freelance writer and founder of food blog www.thesassycook.com that champions being fast and fabulous in the kitchen. Check out www.thesassycook.com for more delicious recipes and clever cooking tips.