- 1.5 – 2kg ham with bone, or 1-1.5kg boneless ham
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup stevia (or similar)
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbs bourbon whisky
- 1 tsp whole cloves
There won't be any left-overs with this ham recipe
- Preheat oven to 180ᵒC. Mix together rice malt syrup, stevia, mustard, vinegar, and whisky, and set aside.
- Remove the rind from the ham, and using a sharp knife score the top and sides in a diamond like pattern (around 2-3 cm diamonds, with incisions around 1 – 2 cm deep). Make a small incision into the centre of each diamond, and insert a clove into each.
- Place ham in a baking tray scored side up and brush over glaze. Bake for 20 minutes per kilo of ham, or until ham starts to brown and is warmed through.