Serves 8, 7.5 grams of carbs per serve.
- 2 medium sized red capsicums
- ½ red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 grams sliced mushrooms
- 40 grams cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 cup shredded silver beet
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 50 grams green beans, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped in quarters
- Olive oil
- ½ brown onion
- Handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
Roasted capsicum halves taste sweet and delicious, and make a great little 'bowl' for other ingredients
1. Pre-heat oven to 180ᵒC.
2. Cut the red capsicums in half, remove seeds and place on a baking paper lined baking tray.
3. Place quartered tomatoes on a separate part of the tray, and sprinkle with one clove of crushed garlic, salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place the tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Sauté red onion, two cloves of garlic and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
4. Once the onion is soft, add mushroom, zucchini, silver beet and green beans and sauté until soft. Remove from heat and combine parsley and drained cannellini beans.
5. Remove the capsicum halves from the oven, and evenly spoon with vegetable mixture. Return to oven for another 15 minutes.
6. In a saucepan, sauté brown onion in oil until soft. Add the roasted tomatoes, a splash of water and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and finish off by stirring through fresh basil.
7. Once capsicums are removed from oven, allow to cool slightly before serving with a drizzle of warm Napoli sauce on top. Once cooled, cut the capsicums in half again to make stuffed quarters.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the New Atkins team. New Atkins are the original low carb experts. To learn about controlling carbohydrates, and for tips and hints to manage your long-term weight loss or management goals, visit www.Atkins.com