- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ground sumac, to taste
- 1/2 Turkish loaf
- spray olive oil
- 4 eggs
A new take on eggs using sumac for Middle Eastern flavour
- Combine the tomatoes, onion and coriander leaves in a bowl. Season with sumac.
- Cut the bread into 2 portions, then cut each in half horizontally. Toast both sides of the bread.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan lightly with oil, and cook the eggs to your liking.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the toast, and top with an egg. Sprinkle with a little extra sumac.
Vitamin A 8
% DI for protein = 24% per serve
Nutrition information per 200g serve
Saturated fat 2.1g
Dietary fibre 2.7g
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the team at the Australian Egg Industry. www.eggs.org.au is their consumer site – check it out for more info on eggs, recipes, nutrition or frequently asked questions.