Well, that's what I'm going with when it comes to this delicious Pumpkin Custard Cheesecake recipe from Dianne Ward.
"I love cooking with vegetables with my desserts - it makes me feel like I'm adding a little bit of goodness. The measurements with this recipe are a bit fluid! So go with your instincts. Please also remove the cake from the oven whilst it still has an inviting wobble in the centre," says freelance writer and food blogger, Dianne.
You can't beat the rich golden colour of this Pumpkin Custard Cheesecake.
Simply add some crushed nuts to the top to serve.
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons of soft butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
Pumpkin cheesecake filling:
- 1.5 cups finely pureed cooked pumpkin
- 1 block of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar or to your taste
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chinese 5 spice
- 2 eggs
- rind of one organic lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degees Celsius. Grease a 19cm x 19cm square pan.
- Place flour, ground nuts, sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add butter and rub in with finger tips. Add a little water to bring together if needed. Place in pan.
- For the topping place your pumpkin puree, cream cheese, sugar, lemon rind and spices and a food processor and process until the mix is silky smooth. Pour on top of base.
- Bake for about 30 mins. It may need longer but remember to leave it a little wobbly in the centre.
To serve, you could sprinkle some crushed nuts or cinnamon sugar on top of the cheesecake and add some cream or ice cream on the side.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by Dianne Ward. Dianne is a mother of two young children, freelance writer and founder of food blog www.thesassycook.com that champions being fast and fabulous in the kitchen. Check out www.thesassycook.com for more delicious recipes and clever cooking tips.