Why we love them:
- They are simple to make - just grab a plain oven mitt and some fabric paint.
- You can pick up oven mitts pretty cheaply in any discount department store.
- You can pick your colours to suit your recipient or occasion, i.e. blue or red for a man, pink or purple for a woman and red and green for Christmas.
- The handprints are a great design - they are personalized and capture a moment in time when the kids are a certain age. We also love date-stamping them too.
- Tip - use contrasting coloured paint on a plain mitt to ensure your design stands out.
Check out our other handmade gift ideas here...
What is the best handmade gift you've ever received?
We'd love your thoughts - please comment below...