I didn't realize how much time I used to waste lifting up each individual jar to inspect what was inside (or read the label on the front) when I was looking for a specific ingredient.
Image from www.catsresume.blogspot.com.au
Why we love them:
- They are easy to make - simple paint the lid with chalkboard paint and label with a chalk pen
- You can use any size or shape of jar, depending on what you like the look of and what fits in your cupboard best.
- They are reusable - when an ingredient runs out, simply wash the jar and lid and refill/label with another ingredient.
- They're a great way to reuse old jars that would otherwise be thrown out.
- You could use them anywhere in the house - not just in your pantry. Think bathroom, office, workshop, or sewing room for haberdashery supplies.
- You could fill them with homemade produce or homegrown herbs for as a thoughtful, cost-effective gift.
Check out our other handmade gift ideas here...
What would you use these jars for?
We'd love your thoughts - please comment below...