Image from Etsy store, Lulu and Luca
Why we love it:
- This is a great way to add extra value to your gifts as this give the recipient another gift to use after they're opened their main gift. It's the gift that keeps giving!
- Tea towels are really useful and we never buy nice ones for ourselves (I always opt for the cheapest option when I need a new tea towel for myself).
- A gorgeous tea towel (such as the one above which features a beautiful print) could also be framed and used as a striking artwork in the recipient's home.
- We love the use of the twine and brown kraft gift tag with this bold print - it gives the gift a very natural look.
- It's better for the environment with less paper being thrown away.
- Fabric is a very forgiving material to use for wrapping things (especially odd shapes) as it drapes.
How to get the look:
- The next time you're away on holidays and pop into the local souvenir shop, keep your eyes peeled for interesting tea towels you can use as gift wrap.
- Left-over fabric remnants could also be hemmed and used instead of a bought tea towel.
Have you ever used another material instead of paper to wrap a gift?
We'd love your thoughts - please comment below...