However, if you don't have the right sized vase, it's great to know that a bowl can also be converted into a gorgeous vessel for displaying flowers by simply using some tape...
Image from www.casadasamigas.com
Why we love it:
- A bowl has a lower profile than a vase, so is easier to see over when you are talking to people on the other side of the table.
- A bowl is more stable and less likely to get knocked over when you're reaching for the pepper.
- This method accommodates lots flowers of lots of different shapes and sizes. The flat surface means that small flowers with shorter stems won't get 'lost'.
- You can have fun experimenting with lots of different sized bowls. This idea will have me checking out the glassware section more carefully the next time I go to an op shop or secondhand store!
- You can also experiment with different coloured bowl and flower combinations - a white bowl will set of brightly coloured flowers, whilst a colourful bowl would look great with white flowers or flowers in one tone, i.e. all pink.
- A beautiful bowl of flowers like this would make the perfect hostess gift the next time you go to a dinner party.
What are your favourite flowers to display at home?
We'd love thoughts - please comment below...