Here are a couple of ideas of how to use rope to makeover a couple of items most people have at home...
1. Rope Frame
A basic, inexpensive wooden or plastic frame can be turned into a unique frame with some rope and a glue gun
Full instructions and images from www.celebrations.com
Why we love it:
- Kids' rooms, living room - wherever - this is a versatile look that will suit most interiors
- It's inexpensive - you can pick up rope from a hardware or variety store and cheap frames are also pretty easy to come by these days. Just be sure to double check the back of your frames to ensure that fittings and fastenings are satisfactory quality. Flimsy fastenings can be tricky to open, or will break easily.
- You could experiment with different techniques with the rope, such as plaiting or twisting it for a chunkier look.
2. Rope Lamp
Give an old lamp a new lease of life with this quick and stylish DIY makeover
This versatile, neutral rope base pairs well with any shade colour/design
DIY instructions and images from www.amyallender.com
Why we love it:
- I think everyone has one of these types of lamps in a cupboard at home that is crying out for some DIY TLC.
- A stylish lamp creates beautiful mood lighting and is an inexpensive, versatile accessory for the home.
- This lamp would make a great handmade gift for any home.
- Brights, pastels, prints and plains - you could pair any different lamp shade with this base.
Where would you use this DIY technique in your home?
We'd love your thoughts - please comment below...