Gift ideas, stories, tips and great advice from the Mr Gift team
Saturday, 5 September 2015
Five reasons to get out in the garden this spring...
Gardening is good for you. Fresh air, exercise, Vitamin D, stress-relief, as well as the satisfaction of growing your own produce, are just some of the benefits. If you need any more convincing, here are five great products that help make gardening easy and fun...
We're also offering FREE DELIVERY on all orders fromnow until Father's Day (midnight Saturday 5/9/15).
Use Discount Code DAD in the Discount Code field when you place your order.
This offer can't be used in conjunction with other offers, or redeemed for cash. But please feel free to share with family and friends:)
1. You don't have to know what you're doing That's where books like The Little Veggie Patch Co's Guide to Backyard Farming come in handy. Exploring the garden month-by-month, this book details what's happening in the garden each month, including which veggies, fruit and herbs you should be planting and harvesting. There are also delicious seasonal recipesusing produce – try the Haloumi, Asparagus and Roasted Tomato Salad or the Beetroot and Chocolate Cake.
2. You don't need much space You don't need a large garden or backyard to grow plants. TheseGrow Bags are ideal for balconies, patios or small courtyards and have a lovely natural, organic look.
3. Make life easier with the right tools for the job The Sneeboer Great Dixter Trowelhas a strong, narrow blade that is ideal for transplanting seedlings (especially plants with long roots) and working in narrow spaces between other plants.
4. Make friends with your local wildlife Spring-time flowering plants attract more birds and insects to your garden. You can encourage these little visitors with a cute Bird Houselike this one...
5. Make the most of your home-grown produce There's nothing more rewarding than using the produce you've grown. But sometimes it's easy to produce more than we can consume. This is where drying and preserving produce comes in handy, especially herbs. The Burgon and Ball Herb Dryer will ensure that you have tasty dried herbs to flavour your cooking throughout the year.