Gift ideas, stories, tips and great advice from the Mr Gift team
Tuesday, 13 October 2015
Winning Wedding Gifts they'll Cherish
We were living overseas when we got married and opted for the very boring and predictable 'wishing well' (cash) option instead of wedding gifts. However, some of our guests couldn't get past the cash-only concept and insisted on buying a gift, and to be honest, I'm pretty glad they did.
Fast-forward 10 years and we're back home. I'm finally going through boxes we stored post-wedding and stumble across a set of neutral coloured sheets. Perfect timing - and perfect colour - as the week before I had put out a similar set of sheets that had worn out. Winning wedding gift! So take it from me, wedding gifts can come in very handy.
To get you through the wedding season, we've picked out ten of our popular wedding gift ideas below...
We're also offering a $10 DISCOUNT on all orders fromnow until Wednesday 21/10/15.
Use Discount Code WEDDING in the Discount Code field when you place your order.
This offer can't be used in conjunction with other offers, or redeemed for cash. But please feel free to share with family and friends:)
2. Cantina Master Decanter $99.95 If your couple enjoy their wine, then a good quality decanter would be a fantastic gift so they can decant and enjoy a special bottle of wine. The Master Decanter is a great shape - the wide base ensures it's stable on a table and offers more surface area to open up your wine.
4. Sophisti-Case Globus Luxury Lacquered Box $249.95 A stunning box like this one will for many years and is something your couple could pass onto their children. It's really versatile and can be configured to store your special treasures in lots of different ways.
5. Jonathan Adler Jet Set porcelain coasters $64.95 I don't think you can ever have too many coasters, because they're great to swap around and create different looks depending on your mood. Plus they're small and don't take up much space to store when you're not using them. This vibrant set of coasters reminds us of exotic overseas holidays.
6. Atmosphere Full Circle Globe $249.95 Globes inspire our imagination by allowing us to dream of all the wonderful places we could go. The great thing about this globe is that when you're not planning your next adventure, it doubles as a lamp to softly illuminate a room.
8. Karlsson Wall Clock Floating Stripes Steel $74.95 I can still picture the clock that hung in our kitchen when I was growing up. A clock is a 'timeless' wedding gift (pardon the pun!) that will get used everyday when it's hung on the wall in a family room or kitchen.