- 500 grams ripe mango - peel, remove the seed and dice into small pieces.
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 3 x ice cubes
- Fresh fruit (berries, passionfruit, diced peaches, or kiwi fruit) to garnish
Fresh Mango Pudding - a refreshing summer dessert
1. Puree the mango pieces in a blender
2. Stir mango puree and evaporated milk in a bowl to combine
3. In another small bowl, combine the hot water, sugar, and gelatin - stirring until dissolved.
4. Add the ice cubes to the mango mixture, followed by the gelatin mixture. Continue stirring all until the ice melts. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain mixture.
5. Pour strained mixture into serving glasses or bowls and chill for at least 3 hours.
6. To serve, top with fresh fruit. You could also garnish with toasted flaked almonds, muesli, shredded coconut, crushed meringue or nuts.
TIP: This would make a healthy alternative to jelly for kids' parties. Simply serve in plastic cups for less washing up. You could also experiment using different fruits such as peaches or strawberries instead of mango.