Many people (myself included!) aspire to write a book. But how can you maximise the reach and impact your book has on your readers? If you are writing a non-fiction book, then creating an online course that complements your book could be a viable option. This is exactly what Damon Nailer did, and how he did it...
1. Tell us your story:
My name is Damon Nailer. I currently reside in Monroe, La where I serve as a consultant, educator, author, motivational speaker, and program/online course creator. On the personal side I am a devoted husband and proud father.
2. How did you identify the goal/s you wanted to achieve?
I had conducted research about creating various ways to earn income from your book besides books sales when I discovered the concept of converting your book into an online course. This idea truly resonated with me since I am an educator. Therefore, the goal was to create an online school by developing my book and newly released coaching program into two full-fledged online courses.
3. How did you work towards achieving your goal – did you have a plan and a deadline to achieve your goals?
I devised a plan which was to convert 4-5 chapters a week which would give me about a month as a deadline to complete the course.
4. What was the biggest challenge you encountered along the way?
My biggest challenges were carving out time to do the work as well as finding the most suitable platform to host my online course. I miraculously found time to complete the conversion and after research I discovered the best platform for the course.
5. What inspires you and keeps you going when you encounter obstacles?
What inspires me the most when I face a challenge while pursuing any endeavor is looking forward to experiencing the exhilarating feeling of completing the task/attaining the goal after overcoming the obstacles.
6. What advice do you have for anyone wanting to achieve a goal?
1. Set realistic, tangible/measurable goals. 2. Make sure to create a timeline and set an overall deadline but be prepared to make adjustments in your time frame to accommodate unforeseen obstacles and circumstances that may arise. 3. Stay the course and remain focused until you reach the goal. 4. Have patience. Sometimes reaching the goal takes longer than you may anticipate. 5. Be flexible because you may have to alter your strategy or methods to obtain the goal.
7. What are the next goals you hope to achieve?
My next goals are to create more courses for my online school and publish another book and inspirational eBook within the next 1-2 years.
Damon Nailer is truly a "Renaissance Man" wearing the following hats: consultant, speaker, author, educator, and program/online course creator. Learn more about Damon at www.daril.org
Want more stories like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here...