- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15g butter, melted
- 4 thick (Toast size) firm white sliced bread,
- one day old
- Cooking Spray
- Maple syrup to serve
- Seasonal fruit of your choice
Sweet Ricotta Cream
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- tablespoon caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1. To make the sweet ricotta cream, place ricotta, cream, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and beat until light and whipped. Set aside.
2. To make the French toast, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Pour into a large shallow bowl big enough
to fit the bread slices in easily.
3. Place one slice of bread into the egg mix and press down lightly. Quickly, turn over and repeat. Lift out of the egg mixture
and drain off excess egg mixture back into the bowl.
4. Lightly grease the inside of the sandwich rack with cooking spray and place soaked bread inside. Bring the handles together
and close the clip to keep grids together.
Insert the Sandwich Rack into the toaster slot. Toast until golden and set.
5. Once French toast is ready, serve warm topped with a dollop of ricotta cream and a good drizzle of maple syrup and fruit of your
choice. Repeat with remaining French toast.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the team at KitchenAid.
Want more recipes like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here...