"I grew up in a small farming community. My dad was not "long on words", but when he spoke his words were meaningful. He lived by and modeled his words. I live by and model his words:
- "An honest day's work for an honest day's pay."
- "Bring me solutions not excuses."
- "Be honest, always tell the truth."
- "Don't be afraid to say you are sorry."
- "All the days of your life show respect, be respectful."
- "Our town is not just a town, we are a community. We are responsible for one another and to one another. Never forget this." - Dr. Marcia Rodes
Marcia Rodes, EdD, is founder and head of school at The Polytech, a private school that allows high school students to access college courses in career pathways as a part of their graduation. She is a certified school principal, counselor, and teacher, and has held multiple leadership positions of public and private schools and organizations serving children and adolescents.
Want more inspiration like this? Subscribe to our newsletter here...