Did you know that most disposable coffee cups are actually not recyclable? The waterproof coating made from synthetic latex and wax or polyethylene found in many disposable cups limits the recycling process. Here are some other facts about disposable coffee cups that you might not know:
• 4.5 million tonnes of landfill
• 54 million felled trees
• 340 million gigajoules of energy (enough to power five million homes for a year)
With confronting facts like these, it’s hard to ignore the benefits of a reusable coffee cup like the KeepCup. KeepCups are designed with the environment, consumer and baristas in mind. The KeepCup is the first barista-standard reusable coffee cup and speciality coffee roasters, Campos Coffee say, “We strongly believe this is the Coffee Product of the Year. The first Barista Standard, Australian reusable cup for takeaways. Affordable and environmental - this year, we hope to sell 10,000 of these cups to cut down on an estimated 4.65 tonnes of landfill. We are receiving excellent feedback on all fronts.”
Here are the main reasons why you need a KeepCup:
1. They are non-toxic, manufactured from polypropylene #5 – the safest food grade plastic, which is BPA Free.
2. Say goodbye to leaking coffee cups – KeepCups have a sealable lid and plug for sipper hole
3. Lid on or off, the thoughtfully designed shape is a pleasure to drink from
4. They are lightweight and stackable
5. Easy care – they are dishwasher and microwave safe
6. Perfect for travelling - fits in car cup holders
7. Perfectly sized - designed to fit under the group heads of most espresso machines.
What is the KeepCup silicone band for?
Each KeepCup has a thermal silicone band with coffee preferences debossed on it. A permanent marker can be used to mark your coffee preference for your barista.
Tip: Use a gold or silver pen to mark darker coloured bands.
Once you’ve tried a KeepCup you’ll never want to drink out of a disposable coffee cup again!
Take advantage of our introductory multi purchase offer: 2 KeepCups for $25 (or $14.95ea), in addition to our Brand of the Week Offer.
BUY NOW and receive FREE DELIVERY on any KeepCups purchased before
5pm Fri 1 June 2012. Simply enter code KEEPCUP when you place your order.