Prep time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (makes 4 serves):
- 2 x fresh Australian mangoes
- 8 x pavlova nests (store bought)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Whipped cream
- Mint (optional)
1. Scoop out the cheeks of one mango (see images below) and slice into thin strips or if you are feeling romantic, use a heart shaped cookie cutter to create hearts.
2. For the puree, slice and pit one mango and cut into pieces. Place mango, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and puree until smooth. Cover and chill in fridge.
3. To serve, place the Pavlova nests on a platter, top with whipped cream, puree and mango slices or hearts.
You can slice the mango into thin strips, or if you're feeling creative use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut into heart shapes
This recipe is courtesy of our mates from the Australian Mango Industry. Australian Mangoes are the flavour of summer with a range of varieties for you to enjoy all season long. There are four main varieties including the Kensington Pride, Calypso, R2E2 and Honey Gold, and several other late season varieties, including the Brooks, Keitt, Palmer, Kent and Pearl. Mangoes are quick and easy to prepare and are bursting with nutritional value. But best of all, mangoes are one of the most versatile fruits on the market; delicious by themselves or as an addition to your meat and seafood dishes, salads, cocktails, smoothies and desserts. Check out their website and their Facebook page.
Good knife skills are something that every chef (amateur or professional) strives for. Half the battle is finding a good quality set of knives, and this knife set from Joseph Joseph will more than get you on your way to becoming a pro.