Image from www.mrbeaks.com.au
- 4 Mr. Beak’s Burger patties
- Slices of aged cheddar cheese
- 4 round bread rolls cut in half
- 100g mesclun salad mix
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes, sliced
- 250g beetroot slices
- 4 pickled gherkins, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 red bird’s‐eye chillies, finely chopped
- 1½ tbs mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of allspice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup loosely packed flat‐leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Hand Cut Chips
- 800g Desiree potatoes, skin on and cut into wedges
- ½ cup loosely packed flat‐leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. Preheat the barbeque to medium heat.
2. Lightly spray the patties with olive oil to prevent them from sticking. Place on the grill once hot and cook on low for approximately 2‐3 minutes on each side, turning the patties over once.
3. Place a slice of aged cheddar on each patty and turn off the heat.
4. Spread the base of the bread roll with aioli and layer the mesclun mix, tomatoes, beetroot, burger patty, spoonful of caramelised onion and finish with the gherkins on top.
5. Place the top of the roll on and secure with a bamboo skewer. Serve the burgers with the hand cut chips and enjoy!
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add onions, garlic, chillies, mustard seeds, bay leaf and allspice, and reduce heat to low to medium.
3. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions become soft and translucent.
4. Add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and cook for 10 minutes until the onions have become caramelised and sticky.
1. Place the flat‐leaf parsley, garlic, egg yolks, dijon mustard, lemon juice in a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until almost smooth.
2. While the processor is running on a low speed slowly pour the olive oil in until the aioli is formed and has thickened.
3. Transfer to a bowl and cover, refrigerate until needed.
Hand Cut Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180º.
2. On a large baking tray place a sheet of non‐stick baking paper on top.
3. Add the potatoes, parsley, rosemary and garlic.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently shake the tray from side to side and place in the oven.
5. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until the chips are golden brown and crispy.
Whilst the classic Aussie burger wouldn't be complete without onion, tomato, lettuce and a slice of beetroot, adding a slice of blue cheese or pickles will add a gourmet twist to this classic favourite.
About Mr. Beak's: Mr. Beak's specialise in high quality sausages and burgers. Mr. Beak's Beef Burgers are made from top quality marbled Australian beef. Each burger patty is handmade using carefully selected premium ground beef from the lush Hunter Valley of New South Wales. Mr. Beak’s Beef Burgers are also gluten free, MSG free and contain no artificial colours or flavours and are available nationally from Woolworths stores and select IGA stores. More delicious recipes can be on the Mr. Beak's website: www.mrbeaks.com.au