Pancetta and Egg Muffins - a delicious start to the day
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices hot pancetta (not too streaky)
- 1 bunch English spinach
- Pepper to taste
- Freshly ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Prepare the spinach by removing the leaf from the stem, wash well. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and blanch the leaves for 2 minutes, remove and refresh under cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Finely slice the prepared spinach then toss in a bowl with pepper and freshly ground nutmeg.
3. Using a 12-cup muffin tin, line each mould with a slice of pancetta.
4. Divide the prepared spinach evenly between the muffin moulds.
5. Crack one egg into each muffin mould. Cover with foil and place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Tip: This dish would also make a great starter, especially when served with garlic/herb bread.
This recipe was kindly shared with us by the team at the Australian Egg Industry. www.eggs.org.au is their consumer site – check it out for more info on eggs, recipes, nutrition or frequently asked questions.
What do you have for breakfast on Christmas morning?